Included in the [TAC] Total Anti-Spam Collection.
Stop Country Spam blocks countries you specify from accessing your forum. Spammers come disproportionately from certain countries. If your forum is local, blocking the countries where you are frequently receiving spammers from can help keep spam away.
Alternatively, you could use it to enforce a “local users only” membership policy.
When a user visits your forum from a certain country, if you have selected to black list that country, or if you have selected white listing and not selected that country as part of the white list, they will be taken to the "New registrations currently not being accepted" page (or a custom page). This prevents users from that country from registering, which can help reduce the amount of user spam.
This add-on uses multiple methods of detecting proxies:
- Uses StopProxies API, to detect known Anonymous proxies.
- Checking the user’s request header to detect Transparent proxies.
- DNS look up.
Note: This add-on uses a free third party geolocation database service, to avoid you having to store a massive IP geolocation database on your server. No guarantee is provided that all the many currently free third party geolocation database services won't one day cease service. The geolocation database JSON request URL is set with a default, but is definable by you via the Admin Control Panel if you want to change to another service.
Can be used in combination with :
- Fool Bot Honey Pot (to stop spam bots completely! using elegant methods that do not bother humans)
- Any Api (Use any API you want, to prevent spam bots / spam humans from registering)
- Stop Human Spam (Stops human creating links / sigs / banned content, it also check for "sneaky broken links")
- Custom Image Captcha (also stops spam bots)
- Bot Arrestor (to reduce the amount or resources spam bots use)
Install & Upgrade
Set options in the administration control panel: ACP -> Home -> Options -> StopCountrySpam
|Updates duration||12 months|